Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yellow at Fuchsia...

It feels like we have about four feet of snow here already, and while I admit to loving winters like this (mostly I love them from the couch, admiring through the window while drinking something hot), I am starting to miss greenery. No more strolling through the alleys snipping at wild things... It also means business mellows down for a couple of months, and the bulk of the work becomes consultations for weddings coming up next summer. So I decided to dig through my archives to post some refreshing pics from the past few months. As soon as I saw these, I felt reenergized and peppy. Lasted only a few seconds, but still!
From sometime in November, at Fuchsia. It's really hard for something not to look good there...




These small centerpieces were entirely made from gleaned materials, except the lemons of course. How I'd like to live in a place where I could pick my own lemons... Magnolia branches, blue juniper, tansy, marigold, and those silvery, velvety leaves who's name I can never remember... The containers are a sugar & creamer set from the 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment