Thursday, November 19, 2009

Sexy birthday flowers...

Pretty Sexy Thirty was the theme for my birthday this year... I asked everyone to dress up, so the house had to look amazing also! My old boss gave me a bunch of flowers for the occasion, and I sat at the dining room table mixing them up before the guests arrived... I can't think of anything I'd rather spend my birthday doing. The fuchsia renuncules with the green center were just outrageously perfect. The celosia's colour was so subtle, peachy beige from one angle, then glowing pink from another... Stuff like that makes me believe in some sort of higher power, whatever you want to call it. Also, my DVD box set about insects has that effect...
The crab apple is from a neighbour's tree, before the berries got all mushy, and the cosmos leaves and black eyed susan centers are from an alley nearby... Cabbage leaves from an old dying specimen in our yard, geranium leaves from the living room... Oh, and hiding in there are some beautiful lycopods brought back from our last day trip up north.




No comments:

Post a Comment