Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Yellow, more yellow...

When you grow up in Canada, you start hearing pretty young about how boring the prairies are... Well, I hope this picture will help dispel this myth. As soon as we came out of Ontario into Manitoba, everything turned yellow. I mean, 360 degrees of pure yellow, as far as the eye could see. The environmentalist in me was appalled at this manifestation of monoculture, but the aesthete in me was thinking: canola, more canola! I suppose we were quite lucky to be there while it was flowering... So I can't pronounce myself on how the prairies look during other times of the year. If you have to go there, make sure you plan you trip mid-August... As for where to find the canola, believe me, you'll realize what a dumb question that is when you get there...


No comments:

Post a Comment