Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Gleaner's bouquet #2: Northern Ontario

I hadn't made a bouquet that looked like this since, like, grade four... But what else was I going to do while Aaron slept in the car at a tiny road stop in Northern Ontario? He'd been driving 16 hours a day for a few days straight on our way back from Saskatchewan, so he did need a well deserved nap... If just to minimize our chances of ending up in a ditch near Wawa. So my first thought, wherever I am, is to look for flowers, and I had some time to play around... This bouquet just reminds me so much of the ones I used to make for my mom when I was a kid! Even when I was eight, I used to own a Canadian wildflower identification guide (which I still own, one of my most prized possessions) where I would look up my daily finds while eating maple butter straight from the jar with a spoon (I had to hide behind a sofa in my mom's bedroom, because of the sweets)...



No comments:

Post a Comment